“Defense Resources Management in the 21st Century” is a scientific international conference organized yearly by the Regional Department of Defense Resources Management Studies (DRESMARA), Brasov in collaboration with the „POLITICAL RESEARCH GROUP” Association.
Date of event: November 09th – 10th 2023
Place: Brasov, Romania
Venue: the Regional Department of Defense Resources Management Studies (DRESMARA)
The academic co-organizers of the conference are:
- The Faculty of Military Studies, War Studies University, Warsaw, Poland;
- The Faculty of Military Leadership, University of Defense, Brno, Czech Republic;
- The Armed Forces Military Academy “Alexandru cel Bun”, Chișinău, Republic of Moldova.
The Conference is also realized in partnership with:
- The Academy of Romanian Scientists, Military Sciences Section;
- Transylvania University of Brasov;
- NATO HUMINT Centre of Excellence.
The aim of the event is to enhance the collaboration among scientists and researchers focused on the current challenges raised by the international environment for the defense and security establishments worldwide.
The conference provides a framework for discussing the trends and challenges in defense resources management as a result of environmental and security changes worldwide. It also approaches current relevant issues raised by the theoretical and practical operationalization of the concept of integrated defense resources management deriving from Romania’s membership to NATO and EU.
The domains of interest covered by the research papers presented at the conference are:
- Military affairs and security (military technologies, tactics, organization, security)
- Military strategies and defense planning (strategy, defense policy)
- Transatlantic cooperation (NATO resource management, NATO defense planning, foreign relations, military capability)
- Defense economics (military spending, procurement policies, defense industries, national economic security)
- Management theory and practice (organizational theory and practice, human resources, decision making theory)
- Information science (IT, information flows, technical intelligence)
- Social sciences (organizational behavior, interculturality, ethics etc)
Scientific disciplines covered by papers are as follows:
- Social sciences (Education, Ethics, Linguistics, Management, Sociology)
- Economics (Financial economics, International economics, Managerial economics, Resource economics)
- Computer and information sciences (Computer science, Information science)